An area of student need, involving difficulty with organizing and rotating visual information.
• Provide clear and concise oral instructions.
• Pair oral with visual/concrete manipulatives.
• Check with the student for his/her level of understanding.
• Encourage the student to ask questions for clarification.
• Use speech to text assistive technology.
• Teach the student to self-talk as a method of problem solving.
• Provide copies of notes.
• Use graph paper to line up math questions.
• Develop a reference sheet on how to read maps.
A perceptual disorder involving improper processing of light waves - Information and strategies