An area of student need, involving difficulty with coordination between hands and eyes to produce accurate physical movements.
• Implement recommendations received from a physical and/or occupational therapist.
• Develop and implement alternative programming goals on the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP), relating to visual-motor development.
• Use computers/assistive technology (voice to text).
• Provide copies of notes.
• Teach cursive writing and allow the student to choose printing or writing.
• Reduce the amount of writing.
• Reduce expectations in physical education, and monitor safety.